Been home all day with a killer migraine. Because of the world consistently pounding at my forehead, my will to live has practically been little to nil. Ugh ugh ugh.
Thankfully, little talks with my faerie, who is going through her own pain and suffering along with me, has kept me alive. It is nice that we can suffer together, so many miles away from each other. That's Jewish suffering humor for ya right there.
Here is one other thing that made me smile today. Stolen off an e-mail list, and I am sure I am the last person in the world to have seen this, thus you will all want to post about how this was 1999's joke, but, I'm gonna share it anyway. So there. :-P
Q: How many subscribers to an email list does it take to change a
- One to ask, "How do you change a lightbulb?"
- One to change the lightbulb
- Two to share similar experiences of changing lightbulbs
- Three to explain how the lightbulb could have been changed differently
- Five to argue which brand of lightbulb is best
- Four to caution others about the dangers of changing light bulbs
- Three to point out spelling/grammar errors in other replies
- Four to flame the spelling/grammar posts
- Two to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
- Another three to condemn those two as anal-retentive
- One more to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
- Three to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
- Two to say "Search the web for 'change light bulb'"
- Two to suggest that posters read the light bulb FAQ
- Three to flame the people who didn't just answer the question
- One more to argue the "Give a man a fish/Teach a man to fish" approach
- Two to post the "Give a man a match" joke in response
- One to post about how the light bulb burning out is the result of a
- One to post that LED-based lamps are much better, so you shouldn't be
using lightbulbs anyway
- Two to condemn LED-based lamps as impractical, esoteric, and expensive
- Two to continue nit-picking details long after everybody else has lost
- Five to say "Didn't we go through this already last week?"
- One to ask how to un-subscribe
- Two to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy
- One lurker to respond to the original post six months from now and
start it all over again